Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Urban caching

We've had some fun finds lately.  I went back to the first one we ever tried to find and located it this time!  Turns out I just needed more familiarity with using the app.  Found a cleverly placed one at Andy's Deli.  Yesterday morning, I located one near the State House that had fun little trinkets in it. I took Vivian back there when I picked her up from school so she could find it.  She traded a blue marble for a yellow polka-dotted one.  She was quite excited about that find!

Today I sought out a "secret garden" not far from campus.  I never had any idea this place was there.  It's a sweet little rail fence garden, which has given me tons of ideas for a garden in my backyard for Vivian.  It took me a little time wandering around to find the cache, but that's ok because there are lots of cool species in the garden.  When I finally located it, I was so pleased to find that it's not a micro.  It has lots of little trade items in it, so I'm taking Viv back this afternoon so she can find it herself.

I then went and bought us a stash of fun small trade items.  I got some smiley face erasers, erasers with messages like "You did it!". mini Play-dohs and mini Tinkerbell fairy frisbees.  I hope other kids will like discovering these little treasures.  I also decorated a plastic box that I have for Vivian to store her Geocache finds.  It's a surprise, so I sure hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...