Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Little Cacher is Getting Into It!

After taking Vivi back to the secret garden, she has become a geocaching enthusiast, much to my delight.  I am hooked.  I knew this was a hobby for me when I first learned about it.  I've actually been having geocaching dreams.  Surely as I become more experienced I won't be quite so obsessed.  Right?  

Now, the kiddo is asking me in the mornings, "Mommy, can we go geocaching before school?"  Yahoo!  So, we've been busy.  What I try to do is spend some time on my days off to scout some out so I can return with her and make sure she finds them.  One cool one recently was "You're by Boy, Blue!".  It was a large cache devoted to Blue from the movie "Old School."  It had tons of cool trade items, so Vivi was able to take a little yellow person figurine and leave some erasers behind.  She now has her packed-and-ready caching backpack which includes her treasure box, trade items, extra pens, water, snacks and a journal.  (She's not much of an author yet, but she likes having this leather-bound journal available to her!)

Yesterday morning, we stopped at Realtor Park to look for another.  As we arrived, I first noticed the sprinklers were on.  We searched and according to the coordinates, should have been right on top of the cache, but we had no luck. Will have to think about it and come back to try again.  But, one cool thing to report.  I had the opportunity to be "Super-ultra-cool Mom."  If you think for a moment, you can probably guess where this is going...


"Mommy, can I run in the sprinkler?"  We don't have any other clothes and we ARE going to school.  "Please?"  Ok, but run fast through the sprinkly part so you don't get soaked.  "Ok."  Once through the sprinkly part.  Twice through the sprinkly part.  Third time,  slo-mo through the not-sprinkly but right in the stream from the sprinkler head part.  Soaking wet torso.  Really happy little girl.  "Are we going to school now?" Yep, load up.

As Vivi joins her friends, the first thing she shares is that we just ran through the sprinkers. Two little girls look at me for validation. Yep, I'm that girl. Super-ultra-cool Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...