Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

It's Official...I'm in withdrawl

I'm not generally one who complains about the weather.  I find weather pretty darn fascinating actually.  Being from SC, hot summers are simply what I know.  As I get older though, I swear our summers are becoming more brutal.  My mom tells me it was just as hot when I was a kid, but I'm not sure if I buy that.  I mean, we would ride our bikes, fish at the pond, pick blackberries all day, build forts, work in the garden and be outside until my mom rang the "come home" bell...all day, every day.  How on earth did we do it?  

This summer has been 95+ for weeks and weeks now. We've been in the 100's more consecutive days than I can remember.  Some days it's so hot, it hurts to breathe.  Therefore, we haven't spent much time outside, which has sharply impacted our geocaching.  I cruise the website and gaze at the descriptions wishing for the day that I can get back out there and find them!  I'm 100% in geocaching withdrawl.  

Those of you in fairer climates, we are jealous!  Once fall gets here, look out!  We'll be back on the trail with gusto!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...